- 22 May 2012
- Posted in: On View
- share this
LA Plazas Newest Raised Herb Garden!
LA Plaza celebrated Physical Fitness Month by exploring alternative ways of physical fitness through gardening. Along with LA Plaza staff, visitors and volunteers worked together to create a new garden bed from locally-available materials.
Often seen as a physically overbearing and timely task, creating own beautiful garden only takes a matter of a few hours. Put on your garden hat and get started today!
Here are some tips on designing a raised garden bed:
1. Pick a sunny spot. Lay down cardboard.
2. Trace outline of bed on cardboard.
3. Lay down stones, bricks, or whatever you want to use.
4. Layer the stones, bricks, etc. to 2-3 feet.
5. Fill with soil and or compost.
6. Plant your favorite plants.
7. Mulch around your plants. *Mulch is straw, newspaper, woodchips etc.
Check back for more gardening tips and workshops at LA Plaza. And don’t forget to visit LA Plaza and see the newest addition to our Edible Teaching Garden!