10-week project period, Paid Internship
Arts Internship Program
This internship is sponsored by the Los Angeles County Board of Supervisors through the Los Angeles County Arts Commission. 132 undergraduate interns will participate in the program this year at 119 performing, presenting, and literary nonprofit arts organizations and municipal arts agencies throughout LA County. In addition to their full-time 10 week paid internship, interns will participate in educational events as part of the program, which is funded by the Getty Foundation. The educational events are designed to provide interns with a broader perspective of the vibrant arts and cultural landscape of the County. For additional information on the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, the Arts Internship Program, and for a complete list of all the internships offered this summer, visit the Arts Commission website at www.lacountyarts.org.
Duration: This internship is ten weeks in duration
Hours per week: 40 hours (8 hours per day)
Stipend: $4,800 for a ten-week period
LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes seeks an energetic Production intern to assist with final preparations, logistics, promotion, and event production of its summer programs. The intern’s main project includes proposing content for LA Plaza’s documentary and summer film series for the 2018 calendar year. Based on research, current trends, assessment, and hands-on experience while at LA Plaza, the Intern will use their creativity to design a unique, dynamic, and engaging film series to be executed by the staff in the spring and summer of the 2018 calendar year. The intern will have the opportunity to work with various departments and staff members allowing the intern to experience various stages of event production. This includes, but is not limited to drafting and copy editing content for social media campaigns, assisting with community engagement efforts to promote public programs and working with marketing and outreach teams to brainstorm outreach plans for specific events, participating in production meetings to coordinate event logistics, cueing performers, and working with audio/visual technicians.
The ideal internship candidate will be a passionate, energetic, and outgoing individual who demonstrates a high degree of self-initiative, meticulousness, and responsibility.
Ideal candidates will also demonstrate the following interests and abilities:
· Interest in learning about Mexican and Mexican American history and culture in Los Angeles
· Interest in the performing arts, especially as it relates to Mexican, Mexican American, Latino, and Los Angeles history and experiences
· Ability and willingness to interact with visitors of all ages (including large school groups)
· Computer, research, writing, and verbal communication skills
· Highly motivated and positive team player
· Bilingual (English/Spanish) highly desired, but not required
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Desire to serve the local community
· Familiarity with online social media tools
· Flexible schedule (ability to work select evenings and weekends for program events)
Per the eligibility requirements of the Los Angeles County Arts Commission, applicants must:
· Be currently enrolled undergraduates (2 or 4-year). Students must have completed at least one semester of college by June 2017. Students graduating between May 1 – September 1, 2017 are also eligible to apply
· Reside or attend college in Los Angeles County
· Be able to legally work in the United States