Guided Tours & Workshops
K-12 GRADE SCHOOL GROUPS
Guided school tours and workshops at LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes offer K-12 grade classrooms engaging opportunities to explore history, art, and culture. Tours and workshops explore culturally relevant themes rooted in identity, social justice, health and nutrition, community, and civil rights.
Engaging dialogue and interactive hands-on workshops encourage students to uncover the multilayers of Mexican, Mexican American, individual, and collective identity.
Let’s learn! This academic year visit LA Plaza (in person or online) with your classroom to explore cultural celebrations with us! Looking for ways to introduce Fiestas Patrias, Día de los Muertos, and other culturally relevant themes to your classroom? We got you covered!
Due to limited capacity, along with an overwhelming stream of reservation requests for Fall 2022, LA Plaza is working to honor as many reservations from last semester as possible. Requests for new reservations will be welcomed in the summer for the new academic year.
We appreciate your interest and your patience as we continue to bring back LA Plaza’s in-person education programs.
Check back on this page for frequent updates!
Please consider the fees below as you plan your fieldtrip experience:
- Los Angeles County Title I Schools, and Non-Profit organizations that serve Title I students:
FREE tour and workshops
- Non-Title I schools and organizations that do not serve Title I students:
$10 per student and $10 per chaperone above the required 8:1 student-to-chaperone ratio
Bus Grant Program
Since opening to the public in 2011, LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes has strived to provide accessible and equitable opportunities for students across Los Angeles County. LA Plaza’s Bus Grant Program is part of LA Plaza’s inclusive efforts to provide Title I schools, students, and educators a paid school bus part of a guided field trip to LA Plaza.
Thanks to generous funders, LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes awards schools a bus grant for fieldtrips to our campus. Teachers and non-profit organizations that serve Los Angeles County Title I students are invited to apply.
Grants are limited and are awarded on a first-come, first-served basis. Funding is for buses only and cannot be used for other modes of transportation.
Bus Grant Application Guidelines:
- School or non-profit organization must serve Los Angeles County Title School I students
- Fieldtrip must be for a maximum of 30 students with 4 chaperones
- As part of the application process, we will follow-up with you to submit additional information. Please make sure to follow instructions carefully in order to ensure your application is complete
- Submitting a Bus Grant Application form does not guarantee a grant award
- Grants will only cover transportation to and from LA Plaza. Fees incurred beyond $400 will be charged directly to the school/organization