Welcome back! LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes is re-opening!
LA Plaza is happy to welcome you into the galleries beginning April 15, 2021. Please visit the sections relating to Museum Operating Hours, Guest Reservations, Los Angeles County COVID-19 Guidelines, and other information that will help make your visit to LA Plaza as safe and enjoyable as possible.
We have modified our hours and the guest gallery experience to accommodate and follow Los Angeles County Guidelines. For the most updated Guidelines, please click here.
If you have any questions about LA Plaza's registration process, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org or contact us at (213) 542-6259 during operating hours.
501 North Main Street
Cross Streets: Arcadia Street and Avenida César Chávez
Los Angeles, CA 90012
Museum Operation Hours
LA Plaza is open Thursday through Sunday, 12:00 pm to 4 pm.
Reservations are available for one of two time periods: 12:00 pm and 2:30pm.
To accommodate the LA County COVID 19 Guidelines for guest occupancy, Admissions is receiving reservations for 1 1/2 hour gallery visits for its Museum guests
How to Make a Reservation
Visitors are encouraged to complete a Reservation Form by either scanning the QR Code or clicking here.
Reservation requests are reviewed on first-come, first-served. Once maximum capacity is reached for the requested time and date, a cancellation email may follow and may resubmit for another date and time.
If all visitors are coming from the same household, you may complete one reservation form. Otherwise, if the visitor are fro different households, please submit a separate reservation form.
You may also call Admissions during Museum operating hours to complete the reservation by phone (213) 542-6259.
No Early Entries.
In following the Los Angeles County Guidelines for COVID-19, LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes requires all museum guests to complete a health questionnaire. If all members of the visiting party are from the same household, one Health Questionnaire is only required. If members of the visiting party are from different households, LA Plaza kindly requests that each member complete a separate Health Questionnaire form.
You may simply scan the above QR Code or click here to fill-out the Health Questionnaire online.
Upon your visit, LA Plaza staff will kindly ask if you have completed the Health Questionnaire form. Visitors who have not completed the Questionnaire will be asked to do so before entering the museum.
LA Plaza will not permit entry to visitors who have not completed the Health Questionnaire Form.
COVID 19 and Your Safety
For the safety of LA Plaza Staff and LA Plaza visitors, the following changes and gallery guidelines are in placed to maintain an enjoyable and safe experience for both visitors and staff.
- Temperature checks are required before entry. A socially distanced reader will be used. Museum guests whose temperatures is above 99.7°F will be asked to return on another day.
- Admissions Registration required.
- Health Questionnaire Form required.
- Face Covering required. For more information about the most updated Los Angeles County guideline for face covering, please click here.
- No stroller parking.
- Children 18 & under must be accompanied by an adult.
- Children under 2 years may enter without a mask.
How did LA Plaza create a safe environment for me?
- LA Plaza maintains maximum capacity. As of April 2021, LA Plaza holds a 50% visitor occupancy for the museum (50 museum guests).
- Online reservations are now available and can be booked three months ahead. Reservations allows LA Plaza to maintain the number of visitors per Los Angeles County guidelines. If maximum capacity has been reached, you will be notified.
- LA Plaza facilities will be disenfected between 1:30 and 2:30pm & 4:00 to 5:00 pm. After each reservation, LA Plaza Staff disinfects all galleries.
- Hand Sanitizer Stations are be available and located at Museum entrance doors and throughout the museum.
- Social distancing stickers are placed throughout the museum and inside galleries.
- Gallery Attendants are present to maintain social distancing and face coverings among visitors.
- Main Street entry is the designated entrance/exit for all visitors.
- Drinking fountains are not currently operational.
- LA Plaza is a no-touch or low-touch visitor experience. Staff will operate entry doors and process donations by debit or card.
- Stanchions and social distancing stickers are placed outside to monitor social distancing during the admittance period.
- LA Plaza Staff Members receives temperature checks before museum operating hours.
- LA Plaza Staff are required to wear face covering and gloves during operating hours.
- Acrylic panels are placed at admissions.
- LA Tienda indoor shopping closed. The webstore at http://laplazatienda.org is active for shipping orders.
- Self-Guided Group Reservations are not accepted at this time. Group Visits are organizational and school groups of more than 15 people visiting the Museum at the same time.
- Advanced timed reservations are highly recommended. Walk-ins are based on time period’s maximum capacity.
There are many options for parking your car while visiting LA Plaza.
- A - LA Plaza de Cultura y Artes' parking lot, 171 Arcadia Street (Currently Closed)
- C - El Pueblo Parking Lot 2, 615 N. Main Street (Currently Closed)
- D - LA Plaza Village Parking Lot, 555 North Broadway
- E - Metro Plaza Parking, 711 N. Main Street
- F - El Pueblo Parking Lot 4, 426 Los Angeles Street
There are no self-guided tours at this time.
There are no School Group reservations being take at this time.